Privacy & cookies
At Orange Money Ltd. (“We” “Us”) understand that your privacy is extremely important to you. As a result we have put in place a number of measures to ensure that any personal data we obtain from you use and/or visit the Site, www.ezbob.com (“Site”) is processed and maintained in accordance with accepted principles of good information handling and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This statement provides you with details of the type of information we may hold about you, how we may obtain and use information and how we protect your privacy.
What types of information we may collect
In order to provide you with our services, we may collect personal and financial information from the following sources:
Information you provide us through your online application, or by chat, email or phone; such as your email address, user name, first name, last name, date of birth, postal address, financial information, etc. This includes any third party information such as the names of any additional owners of a company.
Information you authorize us to receive from your accounts with online marketplaces or payment systems;
Information from third parties, such as credit reference agencies (CallCredit, Experian, Equifax, who may search the Electoral Register) and fraud prevention agencies;
Information we may learn from the way you use and manage your account, from your transactions and from the payments made to your account. We ask for you to login to your Amazon or eBay account information so that these services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address. Services such as this help us verify your identity.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We do not store passwords or any other information about a visitor in a cookie that could identify them, their location, their preferences or their financial activity.
We use aggregated customer information to help us understand how the Site is performing commercially and what we can do to improve performance. We may provide this information to other companies, such as third party advertisers. This information does NOT include any personal details that can be used to identify individuals.
Our third party partners employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our site. We do not tie the information gathered to our Customers’ or Users’ personally identifiable information.
How do we use your information?
We will use your information to provide our services, to prevent and detect fraud, money laundering and other improper activities, carry out regulatory checks and meet our obligations to any relevant regulatory authority, and to develop and improve our services to you and other customers and to collect payments and resolve disputes.
As part of these activities, we may use your information in the following ways:
- To verify your identity and credit standing and to enable us to consider and process your application for a loan or other products or services. If applicable, to verify your identity and credit standing and to enable us to consider and process your application to act as a guarantor for a loan or other products or services.
- To assess your history as an online seller and your credit history and confirm your employment details.
- To detect, prevent and investigate actual and potential fraud, money laundering and other improper activities
- To collect unpaid loans and debt that may be owed by you to us.
- To develop, manage and market products and services to meet your needs, to contact you for products and services that may be of interest, to determine your eligibility for different products and services that you may be interested in. To opt out of marketing emails, please follow the unsubscribe directions in these emails or adjust your account settings.
- To help us to administer and service your account with us.
- To contact you in connection with your enquiry.
- To generate statistics for our own internal purposes (including credit and/or behavior scoring, and market and product analysis).
- To update the Site to better meet our clients’ needs in the future.
Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Security and confidentiality
Appreciating that both privacy and security of your information is of the utmost importance, we have implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information we hold about you. When you enter sensitive information, such as financial information, on our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information during transmission and once we receive it. However, please be aware that there are inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the internet and we cannot therefore guarantee the security of any data disclosed online. If you have any questions about security on the Site, you can contact us by using our information below.
Credit reference and fraud prevention agencies
We may use credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to help us make decisions. When you apply to us to open an account (or to act as a guarantor for a loan), we will check the following records about you and others:
- our own records, and the records of online marketplaces and payment systems that you authorize us to retrieve;
- those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
- those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
We may also make periodic searches of seller accounts at online marketplaces and payment systems, an at CRAs and FPAs in order to refresh our records and manage your account with us, including whether to make credit available or to continue or extend existing credit, focus the relevance of the marketing communications that we send to you, and/or ensure that we comply with our obligations regarding responsible lending.
If you are making a joint application or tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Where you borrow from us, we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention. Law enforcement agencies (such as the police, HMRC and other regulatory bodies) may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by FPAs.
You can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee, currently £2.00.
CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414
Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 3001, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0870 010 0583 or log on to www.myequifax.co.uk
Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 4818000 or log on to www.experian.co.uk.
Please contact our Data Protection Officer (see “Contact Our Data Protection Officer” below) if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies.
Sharing your information with third parties
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. Sometimes (and with your approval where required), we’ll share your information with carefully selected third parties outside our group.
We may do this for the following reasons:
- To our affiliated companies (some of which may be located outside the UK), agents and approved third parties to carry out services for us.
- To facilitate the processing and collection of direct debits or other payments due from you under the loan agreement, we may also share your personal data with third party payment processing service providers, including debt collections agencies and tracing agents. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- To protect us, our group of affiliated companies or others. We may share your information with third parties when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process or protect our or another person’s rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with third parties (such as other lenders, law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities) to protect against fraud and reduce risks.
If there is (or is to be) any change in ownership of our business or assets then we may wish to share your information so that the new (prospective) owners may continue to operate our business effectively and continue to provide services to our customers. This may include new shareholders or any organization that might take an assignment or transfer of any agreements we have entered into with our customers. If Orange Money Ltd. Is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We will place appropriate obligations and restrictions on third parties to protect your details.
If you call any of the telephone numbers quoted on the Site, in our literature or in correspondence, we may record your call. These recordings are used for training, regulatory and quality control purposes to ensure that we continuously monitor and improve our customer service standards.
How long do we keep your information?
How long we keep your information depends on the basis on which it was provided. Generally however:
We will keep the information that is necessary to enable us to provide you with a service that you have requested through the Site for as long as it takes us to provide that service.
If you have asked that we do not use your details for marketing purposes, we may still need to keep them to ensure our systems reflect your preferences.
We will generally keep records of any transactions you enter into on the Site for a minimum of six years from the end of the relationship, so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise in that period. Otherwise we will keep information as necessary to comply with the law, and where appropriate for legitimate business needs.
Access to your personal information
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right of access to your personal records and information that we hold about you, upon written request and payment of a charge of up to £10.
Please address requests to our Data Protection Officer at the address listed below.
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, or delete it by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. If we cannot delete your personal information we will tell you the reason why.
Links to other sites
Social Media Widgets
Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, please contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you contact us.
Contact our data protection officer
By e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
By post at: Data Protection Officer | Orange Money Ltd. | 145-157 St John Street, London, EC1V 4PW, England