European Investment Fund
On 11 December 2013, Regulation (EU) No 1287/2013 of the European Parliament and the Council established a Programme for the Competitiveness of Enterprises and small and medium enterprises (COSME) (2014-2020) was adopted (“COSME”) to address the difficulties in access to finance for SMEs.
As a lender to SMEs, EZBob Ltd. has been chosen to participate in COSME within the framework of a loan guarantee facility managed and implemented by the European Investment Fund (EIF).
Under our agreement with the EIF, we are able to provide financing supported by the COSME programme if certain eligibility criteria are satisfied – of course all loans are subject to our own underwriting, risk and credit analysis, so not every applicant that satisfies the COSME requirement will be offered a business loan by us.
Below we provide information on the type of finance offered, a description of the key eligibility criteria and information on the application procedure.
- Type: Fixed term, fixed interest, business loans.
- Minimum Term: 15 Months
- Maximum original principal amount: £118,000
- Purpose: investment in tangible and/or intangible assets; and/or (B) working capital
- is an SME;
- is not a “firm in difficulty” (within the meaning of the Commission Regulation (EU) No C(2014) 3292/3 of 21 March 2014;
- does not have a substantial focus on one or more Restricted Sectors (defined below);
- is not delinquent or in default in respect of any other loan granted by us or by another financial institution;
- is not established in a Non-Cooperative Jurisdiction (i.e., any jurisdiction classified as “non-compliant” by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and its Global Forum on Transparency and Exchange of Information for Tax Purpose),
- is established and operating in a Participating Country (i.e., (i) Member States of the EU, (ii) the Republic of Iceland, Montenegro, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and (iii) any other country participating in the COSME programme)
- is not performing illegal activities according to applicable legislation in the UK or in its home jurisdiction (including national, EU and international legislation, including the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union and the European Convention on Human Rights and its Supplementary Protocols) and is not engaging in fraud or irregularity.
- Must agree to certain document retention obligations, information sharing rights, and cooperate in evaluation, inspection and review procedures put in place by the EIF – these are all spelled out in full detail in the loan documents the borrower must review and sign before accepting a loan.
The following are the Restricted Sectors
- Any production, trade or other activity, which is illegal under the laws or regulations of the home jurisdiction for such production, trade or activity. Human cloning for reproduction purposes is prohibited under this section.
- The production of and trade in tobacco and distilled alcoholic beverages and related products.
- The financing of the production of and trade in weapons and ammunition of any kind. This restriction does not apply to the extent such activities are part of or accessory to explicit European Union policies.
- Casinos and equivalent enterprises.
- Research, development or technical applications relating to electronic data programs or solutions, which aim specifically at supporting any activity included in the restricted sectors referred to under a-d (inclusive) above; internet gambling and online casinos; or pornography, or which are intended to enable to illegally enter into electronic data networks or download electronic data.
- Research, development or technical applications relating to human cloning for research or therapeutic purposes; and genetically modified organisms.
The Application Process:
Applying for a loan supported by COSME is just the same as applying for any ezbob loan – the process is done on-line, is free and usually can be completed in less than 10 minutes – APPLY HERE and see how the whole process works.